Tuesday, January 8

gretchen - two ways

This is a new favorite pattern.  Patty Young's Gretchen dress has a lot of pieces, but I think it is just adorable!  The side ties and huge pockets sold me.
Red poppy dress

I used Heidi Grace's red poppy fabric and picked out a coordinating red scalloped design.  I used Patty Young ribbon for embellishment on the bodice.
Red poppy dress

This version was for another niece for a Christmas present.
Purple T dress

The purple has gold polka dots, and the brown has a little shimmer to it as well.
Purple T dress - close up
My niece complained that the sleeves were too poofy.  That wasn't a problem for my daughter, so obviously it's just personal preference.  The dress pattern gives options for a short sleeve, which might work better for my niece.  The skirt also has a bubble-style skirt option.  That's not really my style, so I'll stick with the full swirly skirt for the next one I make!

No comments: