Tuesday, October 12

sorting apples

We got busy with some Sculpey clay and made ourselves a bunch of mini-apples.  The red and yellow clay blocks were a lot harder than the green.  Not having had a lot of experience with Sculpey, I was a little disappointed!  It made it much more difficult to make the apples - that's why there's less yellow and red ones.  I mixed together red, yellow and green bits until I got a brown I liked for the stem.

We baked them.  I love the swirl one!!!

Then we sorted, counted, arranged, improved our math skills and played!
{Thanks Roots & Wings for the idea.}

2 comments:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I LOVE your apples! My favorites are your swirls, as well!
Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo

MaryAnne said...

These are super cute! I love the swirl ones, too.

I remember playing with sculpey clay as a kid, I should get some for my kids (and for me to play with them!)