Friday, December 5

Christmas Quiz

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Environmentally awful, I know - but colorful and cute under the tree.

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? REAL. Love the hunt, (Shawn and I usually find one in the first 5) and love the smell.

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Try and do it the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it all depends on when we can get the tree, weather, etc. This year it was the Sunday after.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after New Year's. We'll see how long it lasts this year - the problem with real trees is the whole drying out/ needle dropping thing. ugh.

5. Like eggnog? Nope!

6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep- one kinda ugly one piece thing given to me as a wedding present, and a Little People one for the kids to play with. I'd like to eventually get one I like - maybe Willow Tree or something, but haven't splurged yet.

7. Favorite gift received as a child? My open hole flute is memorable, though that wasn't really from childhood. From my younger years... some of my mom's handmade dolls.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My brothers-in-law. ugh. Thank goodness we're not buying for each other this year. What a pain. Love them, just IMPOSSIBLE to shop for.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids & nieces. Other than that, my mom I guess.

10. Worst Christmas gift? I won't get into all the awful teacher gifts. OK. Maybe I will. Brass monkey bookends. Seriously a WEIRD choice from a mom who I thought knew me better than that. Either that or the homemade candle that smelled like cigarette smoke.

11. Mail or email a Christmas card? Mail, I'm a sucker for tradition. This year we might just send a picture not even a letter or card. Breaking with tradition. yikes.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? ummmm.... does Little Women count? There's some pretty great scenes at Christmas time.

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Mint chocolate!!!

16. Lights on tree? Yep. White this year, but I'm hoping they die soon so we can get colored.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? to sing, to listen, hmmm... Do I have to pick just one? Dona Nobis Pacem, Joy to the World (if I'm singing with a strong bass), Angels We Have Heard on High, For Unto Us a Child is Born, Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming, All I Want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan, O Holy Night

18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? STAY HOME! Basically. Luckily my parents live only 15 minutes away so we can go over there after we open our own presents. And the weekend after we are travelling to Michigan.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer's? Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Rudolph (thanks to Pottery Barn for the cute dishes to remind me!)

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Brass lit star

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Only in the morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The Hippo song. Cold weather. Rude people.

23. Favorite ornament? My Raggedy Ann ornament

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A trip with JUST my hubby. Wii Music.

No comments: