- What does your child/children want to be for Halloween? - right now we're discussing Sully, Batman (NOT my favorite choice), and the Beast (from Beauty & the Beast). I'm hoping we can narrow it down soon - I'm personally rallying for Sully. Then Abby can be Boo :)
- What’s your favorite color?
Blue!!!! turquoise, cobalt, bright blues, pastel blues - love them all. Even the funky bright blue you get on your dashboard panel when you put on your brights in the car.
- What’s your favorite website?
I think I agree with MaryAnne on this one - Google reader. It's definitely the most visited. :)
- Has your child/children started their Christmas list yet?
Not really, but I'm sure relatives will start asking soon. Especially since my son sees things when we're out and about, and I often tell him "put it on your wish list". It shouldn't be hard to make a real wish list instead of just the hypothetical/ stop asking me in the store list!
- What do you worry most about (that is, if you are a worrier like myself)?
I just want my family and friends to be healthy and happy. Lately that's been a little hard to come by for some of them, so I just want things to turn around for them!
- What is the one food you could not give up (and yes, chocolate is a food group)?
Chocolate. And probably cheese. And bread. Basically any carbs that are bad for me.
- What is something that you do not like doing on a daily basis, but you do anyway?
cleaning. dishes. turning off my sewing machine.
- What meal do you cook most for dinner?
Sadly, lately it seems anything that can be cooked in 20 minutes or less. Mac & cheese, hot dogs, pizza, chicken nuggets.... our evening schedules are busier than I want them to be right now (can't wait for soccer to be done!)
- Do you have a tattoo? No - and no plans or wishes to get one!!
- Who is your favorite children’s author?
so many great choices! I would most love to meet Tomie dePaola. I most love reading Laura Ingalls Wilder. But even those two choices seem so limiting... Eric Carle. Eve Bunting. Patricia Polacco. Sharon Creech. Kevin Henkes. ok. I'll stop now.
- What is your favorite fragrance, ie, perfume, body splash, lotion?
Lily of the Valley or Honeysuckle. I rarely use them, but enjoy sweet flower smells.
- What is your favorite nice place to eat out without kids?
Barones - our favorite pizza restaurant! We love some of the chains too though - Chili's, Red Robin.
- What is your favorite childhood memory? summer vacations with the family - we took so many special trips around the United States. My favorite vacations are probably to Lake Michigan & the family cottage in South Haven.
- If you could travel anywhere instantly, for a single afternoon, where would you go? probably to see my brother, or someplace in the Appalachian mountains. Although - I've always wanted to go to Hawaii......
- What’s something quirky or funny that you remember doing as a child? I'm sure if I thought long enough I could come up with a long list of funny things I did - and I'm sure my brother would be happy to help. I know I loved goofing around with my cousins. As far as quirky - I used to eat my candy (like M&Ms, skittles, valentine's hearts) in rainbow order.
Friday, September 24
MaryAnne had some fun questions to answer... here's what I came up with.