Tuesday, January 15

piper - three ways

I just love the Piper dress pattern from Patty Young.  The large pocket is perfect for little girl's treasures, the pleated skirt is fun, and the crossing straps in back are cute.

Corduroy jumper - Oompa Loompa

I chose a bright striped corduroy, with plain turquoise for the pocket and pleats.  My husband, the Willie Wonka fan, calls this the Oompa Loompa dress.  It is pretty brightly colored, I'd have to agree.  I used some sparkly ric rac on the pocket and sparkly buttons because my daughter LOVES sparkles!
Oompa Loompa close-up

This is actually the first version I sewed.  It was meant to be the one for my daughter, but it didn't quite fit her right.  When I decided to make a sewing kit for my niece for Christmas, this dress seemed like the perfect choice for her.  She loves green, and the flowers all have an edging to them that looks like handstitching.
Sew G dress

The yellow flower buttons seemed just perfect with the corduroy fabric.
Sew G dress

This one was made for her little sister.  I usually try and do similar styles of dresses for them, because I think matching your sister can be fun.  I also try and do something floral for her because her middle name is "Rose".  This corduroy fit the requirements.
Miss L. Rose dress

It is definitely a different color scheme though, which sets her apart and doesn't make them matching twins.
Miss L. Rose dress

Using corduroy with this pattern made it a little tight to do the pleats, so I look forward to trying it in some lighter weight fabric and springy print!

No comments: