Friday, May 17

more knit dresses

I love Spoonflower.  It's a great concept, and although I've only used it once - I plan to use it again for another special project.  I bought this rainbow fabric in the organic knit and used Patty Young's Morgan pattern.
Morgan rainbow


I used an old tshirt for the yellow, and some scrap knits for the green and the turquoise.  I cut the fabric carefully to get a nice zigzag effect at the shoulder and neckbands.
I love the pockets peeking out a bit of yellow!


This version was made for one of my nieces using Patty Young fabric and some other solids from my stash.
Morgan Sanctuary


Here's another peek at the pocket.
The tuck at the neckline is a cute detail.


I've made many of Patty Young's Abigail dresses before.  This is my latest version.
Abigail Sanctuary dress


It comes together so easily now, especially with my serger.  Easy breezy!




No comments: