Friday, March 20

cherry blossoms

Today is my mom's birthday. I had thought this might be a good time to do an "all about how cool my mom is" post, but it would be too lengthy :) and I just don't have the time today. Too bad I didn't plan ahead and write it when I started thinking about it a month ago.

Anyway - in honor of her birthday, my son and I spent Abby's morning naptime creating her very own cherry blossom tree (without the fragrance, unfortunately). We started off with a framed canvas from the store. I painted my son's arm and hand and he printed the "tree" on the canvas. I would have preferred to let it dry, but we didn't have a lot of time so on to the next step - pastels for the sky/ grass. You can see my son's blue fingers from smearing the colors together in the sky.

In the midst of this, I cut some white, silver, light pink, and dark pink tissue paper squares. I put a bunch of glue dots all over the tree and we went to town crinkling, scrunching, and flower making.

Isn't the wrapping paper gorgeous? I can't wait to wrap it up and give it to her tonight!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

The cherry tree is gorgeous!!!! Conner was so excited when I opened it, and I think Beth was, too. Of course, it brought tears to my eyes because it was such a great project for the two of them to work on together. +It's a mom- thing.) I could write a lenghty comment on my terrific daughter, grandson and the rest of the family, too...but this isn't my blog!