Tuesday, February 16

knit...and ruffles

I don't have a serger, and have been pretty nervous to try sewing with knits. But... it's a fear I want to conquer so I went for it in a big way.The hoodie is a cropped top with a lined hood, ruffled sleeve & edge, and ribbon tie to close. I used a navy knit with turquoise polka dots.
The dress is sleeveless with a comfy three-tiered twirly skirt. I did a tight zig-zag on the bottom and pulled it as I went to make a ruffled/lettuce edge.
She was happy to strike a pose!
I definitely still have a serger on my wish list!! But I know I can do it with my "regular" machine, and am ready to refine my skills & try some other things!

{want to see some other cute sewing projects?}
Photobucket

3 comments:

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Beautiful!! A serger is on my "someday" list too! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch!

MaryAnne said...

This turned out great! Did you use tissue paper to keep the fabric from stretching at the seams?

Maggie said...

Oh Beth!! You did a great job!!! I love all the ruffles, your little girl looks like she loves them too, so cute! LOVE! Get that Sienna dress pattern from Ashley at LBB...you won't believe how easy it is and how you can totally change it up!!!
-Mags