Wednesday, July 8

apples for apples

My dad's family is a big part of the fruit industry in southern Michigan. My dad definitely claims the apple part of the family story and is quite proud of it. When I saw this fabric, I knew exactly what I was going to do.
This is what will greet him when he returns home with my mom from their big trip...
a farmer's market/grocery store produce bag!
He is the one who does most of the grocery shopping anyway, so it's perfect - and much nicer than the boring green bags he carries in there now!

It doesn't really show in the picture, but I tried a boxed corner. I'm pretty happy with how easy it was. I did line the bag with a blue check fabric, but I wasn't really exact with the measurements so the boxed corners didn't match up perfectly. I also didn't put anything stiff in the bag at all, so I don't think they'll ever really show. At least I know how it works now, so if I try a bag again I can be more exact.

No comments: