Wednesday, July 14

vogue

The kids and I went on a field trip of sorts on Tuesday.  You may remember our summer list - pretty much full of stuff that is perfect for the kids.  Well, I might have just had to sneak in one activity for Mommy on the list.  hee hee.... a trip to a *special* fabric store.  It's about an hour away from us so we packed our lunches, a bag of books and toys, and hit the road.
Vogue Fabrics is HUGE.  This is just part of one of their 4 aisles in the cotton/ voile/ knit room.  They have a bridal/fancy fabric (menswear, taffeta, etc) room, a home dec room, a sewing machine room, a notions room - and one other small room that I don't even remember what exactly was in there.  I was like a kid in a candy store, except I had two kids who WEREN'T in a candy store, and technically weren't supposed to eat or drink anything in there.  Hadn't thought of that when I packed water bottles and pretzels to occupy them in the store.  ahem.  I think it's obvious I would have enjoyed a more leisurely stroll through the store.
Check out a few of their beautiful trims!  (sorry - these are iPhone pics so they're not the greatest.  Go to their website if you want a better tour.)
I ended up with a piece of oilcloth, a few cute canvas pieces for bags, and a couple striped knits that I have plans for... now if only I had time to actually get busy!  OH, best of all - that was the store in a suburb on the north side of Chicago.  I guess there's another one on the south side, sort of near where my dad works.  Hmmm.....  I think I've got plans for another day!  They'll have different knits and goodies, right?

What's your dream summer field trip for YOU?

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy memories of another trip to that store? I am impressed that you thought to take pictures as you shopped?

MaryAnne said...

Very impressed you got photos while shopping with children - looks like an amazing place!