Friday, January 30

shopping

I went shopping this afternoon. Look what I got...

The orange, green and purples are added to my collection of Eric Carle Very Hungry Caterpillar stuff. My collection started at Christmas time with the panels & blue numbers. Now I'm hunting down some more to make a twin size quilt. I've heard there's some Brown Bear Brown Bear too. I'm a huge fan. (Did I mention I was a children's librarian? I have Curious George in the bathroom, though that may be soon changing to Dr. Seuss, and the nursery has tons of children's book art in it.) HUGE fan.

This bunch of stuff is going to be something for my son. I'm going to go through my stash for some reds & yellows to add a little color. Then I'm going to paper piece a couple instruments - an acoustic, an electric, and probably some music notes and stuff. I love paper piecing but haven't done any of that in a while. I'm looking forward to getting back to it. It's fussy work and very detailed, but so fun and rewarding!

No comments: