Wednesday, January 28

tutus and bags and static guard

Well, I am NOT a girly-girl. My favorite color is blue, not pink. I don't wear make-up, I don't do fancy hair things, and I don't wear high heels.

But I am in LOVE with this bag. Two daughters of a friend of mine received similar ones for Christmas, and I thought "I can do that!!!" - so I did. today. One afternoon - that's all it took. My kind of project.
It took a ton of Static Guard for me to wrangle the tulle into submission, but it worked. Next time I think I'll try the Hobby Lobby spools of tulle rather than large yardage off a bolt. Either way, tulle is not my favorite fabric to work with!
I am not really happy with how the bow worked out - I just am not a bow making girl. I wish I could figure out a better way to make and attach it. I'm not a huge fan of hand-stitching, but I may have to resort to that.
But doesn't it look like fun? Perfect for little girly-girls everywhere. I can't wait to share it with the little girl who will be taking it to dance class.

No comments: