Sunday, October 5

loves

First of all - I love to sew. This realization has been a long time coming, because I "couldn't" be my mom. But now that I am a mom, I realize everyday that my mom is a good role model. For a lot of reasons. But we'll save that for another day.

Secondly, I love to bake. Desserts mostly. I just hate to clean up. So I don't do it because I don't want the yucky work afterwards. Let alone my fear of not being able to control myself from eating a half a pan of brownies before the end of naptime.

Thirdly - I LOVE books. My collection resembles that of a small town library. Seriously. I own over 2 thousand children's books. I think. I don't know, I've kind of lost track what with not teaching any more and having books all over in my kids rooms, the playroom, the downstairs "library" room, etc.

My next love - card making paper-crafty colorful fun. The stamps, paints, stickers, scissors, embossing - it takes me back to my childhood and my little sticker collection in the pink Hello Kitty book. Ah. Then when I was in college we hung some white paper on the back of our dorm room door and doodled when we were bored, tired, feeling feisty, procrastinating - whenever the mood struck.

I also love technology. I can't say I'm much of a hardware gal, but give me my iPhone, my Macbook, my digital camera, and I'm good for the afternoon.

Most of all I LOVE being a mom and a wife. Really I do. It's hard to see the forest through the trees sometimes. When the fire pager goes off, the babe is screaming, and the boy is "singing" at the top of his lungs, I have to question my loyalties. Can't I just grab some hot chocolate and retreat to my comfy green chair with my iPod and a good book? I sometimes can't believe that I'm not 21 anymore I guess...

So how in the world can I find time for all the things I love?

No comments: