Monday, October 20

when???

I am constantly trying to find time to do all the things I want to do. Shower, laundry, dishes, motherhood, sleep... I need more hours in the day! My husband and I are a pretty good team, but we get so overwhelmed sometimes. The laundry gets washed but then sits in baskets for a week or two. Thank goodness for Downy Wrinkle Releaser. Dishes pile up because the dishwasher hasn't been emptied yet. We both went a little nuts last night trying to catch up. I ended up driving to Home Depot for parts for my son's Halloween costume, and then we spent our after-the-kids-are-in-bed time trying to catch up and get ready for the week.

Then every once in a while the kids both happen to take simultaneous afternoon naps. (TODAY!) I think I've caught a break, and then someone calls to "chat" for half an hour or more. It's hard not to ignore the phone or be a little annoyed when the other person carries on forever and ever.

Of course I do have a tendency to let myself get lost in blogland too... hee hee.

Just when I think I'm getting ahead, an order comes in. The nature of my business is that it involves making gifts for new babies. Nobody wants to wait a month to give something special, so my life gets busy in the blink of an eye (or in the click of an email). I feel like I've been making progress on my to-do list from the Open House, and then add on 2 hooded towels, 2 onesies, and a towel and my time disappears again.

I wish I could figure out a better routine. I really don't want to have to pay a mother's helper or a babysitter, but I feel like I need a better schedule to my day and to my week. My mom and mother-in-law are wonderful and love to spend time with the kids, but regular scheduling is still an issue. My husband says I'm too much of a planner, but that's just how I am. If nothing else I have kindergarten to look forward to in a couple years!

No comments: