Monday, June 8

sweet scallops

Remember how I just couldn't stop raving about Heidi Grace's fabric? Well here's another top/dress I made. I thought it would be short enough to be a top, but it ended up being a little long & because of the angle I took the pictures at, it really looks long! The top is knotted at the shoulders, and has a scalloped bottom. It is totally reversible too - blue with flowers and ladybugs on one side, white with ladybugs and hearts on the other side.
The best part - the pattern is "vintage" - meaning my mom saved it from 1976! I wore outfits made from this same pattern when I was a little girl. Too funny, huh? (My mom saw the scalloped edge on the flowers and thought of this pattern right away. I'm impressed she remembered this pattern from 33 years ago!! I love how it turned out, so thanks mom!)

Oh my gosh mommy, am I just the cutest? (It soon turned into peek-a-boo.)Look mommy, horses! (we were at the farm with my in-laws for the 40th anniversary party.)
I know, I'm adorable. But can we go in and eat cake now?!
I can't wait to make another one! It was so quick and easy, and lends itself to so many embellishment options and great fabric match-ups. hmm.....

4 comments:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

I'm dyin' here ... 'vintage' ... 1976 ... 33 years ... ugh (says the girl born in '76) ... I feel old. I need a nap.

MaryAnne said...

This is adorable, and I love that it's reversible!

roseylittlethings said...

Such darling dresses! Just posted about the darling one I won from you!
Thanks again!

Marian said...

Oh what a cutie pie! That dress is so adorable too!