Saturday, December 26

christmas present - purse

I had to wait until after Christmas to show you this one - it was for my mom, and I know she reads my blog! It is my first official, fancy purse I've made. I use a backpack for the kids stuff, and rarely carry a purse. I've been wanting to try making one though, and this seemed like the perfect time. The pattern comes in 3 sizes - I picked a smaller one to start with.
It wasn't easy - between the lining, zipper, and crazy stiff insides it will be a while before I make another attempt for myself!

It is Heidi Grace fabric - blue floral - and a muslin lining & pockets. (I get my love for blue from her. I come by it naturally!)
One side pocket has a floral design machine embroidered along with her initial.
The other side pocket has her name in Braille. She is Hadley School for the Blind's Braille Student of the Year - I figured it was only appropriate! (here she is if you'd like to hear it from her.)
There are also pockets inside, but I didn't take a picture of those. All in all, I'm happy with how it turned out and hopefully she's able to get a lot of use out of it!

1 comment:

maryanne said...

Very cute - in blue, too ;)