Monday, April 20

ocean expansion

Well, I originally made a fishing set for my son for his birthday. My friend has her own magnetic fishing pole, but had an even better idea. Why not expand the ocean? There's more than fish, right???!

So I started with a couple of starfish.


Every ocean needs a shark or two, right? I was playing around with the design a little. I can't decide which one I like better. I'm guessing the one on top will hold up a little better, but I love the more realistic teeth on the one on the bottom!

Add a pair of octopuses (octopi, octopods - whatever plural you prefer)...
Two jellyfish...

And finish off the set with a few fish. I couldn't resist. They're so bright and colorful and easy to do.

I think her boys will love them! Happy fishing!!

Now off to the store for more magnets... time to expand my son's ocean collection, too! I'm thinking I might need to make another batch for ArtFire... the only problem is the fishing pole. Hmmmm... we'll see.

1 comment:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

I meant to tell you that I like the sharks without the cut out teeth better. And ... fishing poles ... in Target's dollar section, they have butterfly nets (cute poles if you take the nets off) and you can just tie a magnet onto it.