Monday, April 27

pink pink and more pink

My friend in Arizona has two daughters, one of whom I have never met. (It's not easy or in the budget to just fly across country, sadly!) She said... something pink, something cool, and this is what I came up with. I wish you all could touch this fabric. It is so light and breezy, perfect for trying to make it through an Arizona summer.

Even better - I think this is the first bunch of buttons and buttonholes I have made where I didn't curse at any of them! YAHOO!

And an added bonus for having your friend (of over 20 years) sew something special for your daughters - matching fabric headbands. I had a little bit of extra fabric and remembered seeing this. So in no time at all, here they are.
Off to the post office tomorrow. They're coming, A!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks B. I love them, and I am sure the girls will also. I will try to send you a picture with them wearing them.

A

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

The dresses are just lovely! I have made many a quilt, but have never made any clothing. I have trouble taking up the hem in my sons clothing. You are an inspiration!

Rita
Red Pepper Quilts

Kacey said...

These dresses are just darling!! I love the headbands too. I have wanted to make a dress for Ruby Jane but have not the first idea how to follow a pattern. I should maybe just try and wing it...oh and fake the button holes and use snaps instead and sew a pretty button in the proper place. LOL

Great job!