Sunday, May 31

fruity books & last chance

The strawberry plant we have is finally bearing it's fruit, and local produce is going to be sold starting next Wednesday at our Farmer's Market. Time to talk about fruit!!

Strawberry Girl - Lois Lenski - honestly, I've never even read it. I think I started once, and got bored. (I was young.) I'll have to pick it up and try it again. Has anyone else ever read it?

Eating the Alphabet - Lois Ehlert - a great look at more fruits and veggies than I knew existed. Lois Ehlert always has such bold, bright illustrations!

Apple Pie Tree - Zoe Hall - When I taught 1st and 2nd grade, I couldn't keep this book on the shelf. A little girl named Nicole chose this book as often as I would let her. It's basically the life cycle of an apple - growing and getting eaten in a pie. She always said she liked apple pie, and that's why she liked reading that book. (Personally, I don't even need the pie - just give me the crisp cinnamon sugar-coated apples!!!)

Each Peach, Pear, Plum
- Allan Ahlberg, Janet Ahlberg
Jamberry
- Bruce Degen
Just a couple fun, rhymey books with fruity adventures.

Blueberries for Sal
- Robert McCloskey - my ultimately most favorite best berry fruit pickin' book. I love picking blueberries, but luckily my experiences have never involved bears!!!

Just a little reminder - your last chance for the strawberry onesie dress... the giveaway winner will be drawn tonight (May 31st) at 5 p.m. Chicago time. Go back here to comment & enter. Then come back this evening and see if you're the lucky winner!

1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

We love "Blueberries for Sal" at our house!