Wednesday, May 13

fondant free-for-all

I spent about two hours making 10 different colors of fondant. I'm making some cupcakes for my niece's birthday (Saturday) and my dad's cake (Sunday). I can't wait to show you all what I'm going to do with it! (How's that for a teaser?!)

I use Peggy Weaver's recipe - marshmallows, water, food coloring, and LOTS of confectioner's sugar. (It's the same one my friend taught me at "sugarfest 09"). I got each color done in about 10 minutes. It's so easy, and so yummy. I made some of them while Conner was at preschool, but he helped with a couple colors. It's fun for him to watch the color mix in, and he loves being helpful with the saran wrap and baggie at the end.

Here's a couple of the colors before I bagged them... they're sitting with the invite to my niece's party. Can you guess my idea?

For those of you non-Chicagoans, I just want to let you know I LIVE NEAR WILTON!!!! Yep, it's only about 20 minutes away. Even more exciting - the Wilton Tent Sale is coming up soon - May 29th through June 16th. We'll see what kind of deals I find. Maybe I'll even share with you all! Gotta make up a wish list. A couple more food colors I think, and some fondant cut-outs for sure. I'm thinking I might splurge on the fondant mat too (the one that tells you how big a circle to roll for covering cakes). Probably some candy melting molds. What would you wish for?

2 comments:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

You're a cake decorator, too!!?!! Oh, girl ... I could keep you sooooo busy!

Purple and Paisley said...

i love fondant...☺

wow - you live pretty close to me...i'm in central illinois...