Tuesday, May 19

kites and canvas

For my dad's birthday, we wanted to make a little something special for him to hang on the wall -at work or at home. We started with a couple shades of blue paint, added some white, and then added some fingerprint "clouds". (I had to figure out a way to include Abby!)

While he was doing some of the background painting, I got out some of my scrapbooking papers and cut some squares and rectangles. While we waited for the paint to dry, we glued them together to make kites. After the paint dried, we glued them on and then got out the cray-pas. I love them for their bold colors. Conner went to town decorating the kites and the sky around the kites. Kind of graphic and exciting - it shows movement, right? I added the kite cross-pieces and strings, and we have a unique birthday present for Grampa!
Happy Birthday, Dad!

2 comments:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

You're so brave ... doing things that might create a mess. It turned out great!

MaryAnne said...

Very cute - and I love that the kids got to contribute